Friday, December 12, 2008

By The Ocean Fun!!



I walked down to the small beach that was right by the hotel I was staying at in Key West. I wanted to take some pictures, so I scanned the area for things to take pictures of... then I stumbled along this really interesting shell. I found it just along the edge of the water.

I noticed that there was something very different about this shell. It seemed to have more personality about it than what first appeared. After I set it back down the shell started to come to life!!! It started to move! Then I realized that it wasn't just a sea shell, it was the home of a hermit crab!! It was hilarious to see this little crab appear, slowly coming out and up. Crawling in the sand. A few ladies walked by and scared him and he quickly snapped the shell down to hide!

We had great fun together!
As I continued my journey by the ocean I noticed all of these weird looking creatures in the water. They mainly stayed upside down and remained very still. 
I managed to flip one over with a stick and see it's bountiful tentacles moving in the water. I am pretty sure that they were some sort of Jelly Fish. Even though it looked very different from some other Jelly fish I saw later in the day. 
It was great to spend some time with the Ocean and 80 Degree weather!!

2 comments:

Tessa Nelson said...

Such neat creatures that God has given us to enjoy, ha? What fun... I am jealous! Looks like you are having a good time. When were you in Key West?? Did you go there to stay after you got to your mom's? We're looking forward to having you back here... but, glad you're enjoying youself down there:-)

Raychel Marie said...

It does look like you are having a good time. And the weather!!! I so wish we had that here. Maybe you can pack some in your bag to bring back home. You are missed!!